Looking for part time work over Summer? Love kids?
Summer Fun events assistants are required to work at various park locations from Hauraki to Sunnynook.
Summer Fun is a free preschool programme providing communities with the opportunity to have informal play time at our local parks and reserves. The programme encourages community engagement, connections and active young children. Takapuna North Community Trust is seeking applications from caring, reliable adults to set up and facilitate these programme sessions as well as be available for other community events as they arise. This is a part time, short term contract from November 2017 to the end of March 2018 (closing for a period over Christmas) and does require some weekend work.
• Demonstrated experience in working with children
• Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety risk management and safe processes
• A valid clean NZ drivers license and own reliable transport
• Be able to commit to set days and times for the duration of the programme as well as be available for weekend and evening work
• Be prepared to undergo police vetting
• Be physically fit and able to load and unload toys for set up and pack up
• Must have a NZ work Visa or be a NZ citizen to apply (applicants without a work Visa will not be considered)
• Demonstrates a customer service focus
• Excellent communication skills and fluent English
• First aid training or willing to complete
• Be self-motivated, use initiative and have attention to detail
• Inclusive, resilient, trustworthy and reliable
• Leadership skills, ability to work in a team and independently
• Previous experience or studying towards event management, early childhood qualification or social work/ Community Development would be advantageous but training will be given.
Applications must include a Cover letter and CV. To obtain a job description or for further information please email Roanna Pine, Takapuna North Project Coordinator: email@example.com.
Applications close on 25th September 2017, 5pm.