Primary school in Devonport, Auckland. St Leo’s Catholic School was founded in 1893 and we have a long history of success and high achievement. We believe in a top quality, balanced education that meets the academic, spiritual, social and physical needs of your child, developing life long learners in a framework of catholic belief and practice.
The School is situated in a quiet residential cul de sac surrounded by green fields and pohutakawa trees. We are a relatively small school by Auckland standards (300 students), well supported and valued by its parents and community.
We believe it is important that all our interactions, and in particular our teaching, are underpinned by values which can be supported by home and school.
Our school aims to:
- Develop an appreciation of the unique nature of New Zealand heritage
- Promote positive partnerships between home, school and community
- Empower children to become independent, life long learners
- Provide a challenging environment for children to take risks with learning
- Teach a balanced programme based on high expectations for achievement
- Foster the development of children who are self motivated, secure and responsible.
OUR MISSION IS TO BE A SCHOOL COMMUNITY WHERE EVERYONE:
- finds their place and experiences a sense of well-being;
- participates, contributes and takes responsibility;
- strives to achieve group success and personal excellence.
Hauraki School, founded in 1954, is a state primary school located in Hauraki, Takapuna on Auckland’s North Shore. We are a decile 10 school which has grown steadily over the years to reach a current roll of approximately 460 students and a total staff of 42. We also welcome non-resident international students into our multi-cultural school.
Local primary school serving Belmont and Bayswater area of Auckland
Venue hire: Hall with removable staging, seating ~300, kitchen and foyer area
Local primary school on the slopes of Mt Victoria serving Devonport area
Hall available for hire with stage and kitchen facilities